- Getting Started
- Billing Questions
- High Speed
- Web Hosting
- Contact Us
- Known Outages
- Article ID: 35753
- Last modified date: February 7, 2012 10:02
EarthLink Access Software and TotalAccess
Since 2009, the primary Dial-Up connection software was changed from TotalAccess to EarthLink Access Software (EAS). TotalAccess software is still provided depending on the type of computer you have. The software is completely free for all EarthLink Internet subscribers.
What is on the given CD?
TotalAccess AND EAS are placed on the same CD. The primary, or default, software on the CD is EAS NOT TotalAccess.
Can I download the software?
You can download EAS via EarthLink's website. TotalAccess can only be installed on your computer via CD. Either software can be ordered – for free – at EarthLink's website.
Will the software download EAS over TotalAccess?
While downloading EAS on your computer, a detection process will occur to determine what type, if any, of EarthLink's connection software is on your computer. If TotalAccess is detected, it will ask you if you would like to upgrade to the newest version of TotalAccess.
In summary for EarthLink Dial-Up customers by connection type:
- TotalAccess users will continue to be TotalAccess users.
- Existing Dial-Up Network users can get EAS if they choose to install from the CD or download it.
- New sign ups that want to use our software will get EAS.
- EarthLink Access Software v 8.0 Control Panel App- Dialer Settings
- EarthLink Access Software v 8.0- How to manually add an access number
- EarthLink Access Software v 8.0- Common errors
- EarthLink Access Software v 8.0- Main components and how they work
- EarthLink Access Software v 8.0- What do customers get?
- EarthLink Access Software v 8.0- Script errors