- Getting Started
- Billing Questions
- High Speed
- Web Hosting
- Contact Us
- Known Outages
- Article ID: 206471
- Last modified date: June 13, 2013 16:06
How to Reset Your EarthLink 4G Hotspot Device
If your Hotspot has become unmanageable or some of the settings are not working properly you can restore the Hotspot settings to its factory default condition, then you can rebuild your network settings once again.
There are two ways to reset the Hotspot/Home Modem:
- Software Reset
- Hardware Reset
Use the instructions outlined below to learn how to reset your Hotspot device:
1. Push and hold the Power button for 10-12 seconds.
2. PWR light turns “Red” and 4G light flashes “White and Blue”.
3. The 4G light will flash White and Blue for several seconds.
4. The device will reboot and be ready to use.
Note: A Software Reset will change all software settings to the factory defaults including Network Name and Wi-Fi Password.
1. If the hardware becomes unresponsive, use the pinhole on the back of the device.
2. Insert a paper clip or other small object into the pinhole.
3. Press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.
4. PWR and 4G LED's turn red.
5. 4G light now flashes White and Blue for several seconds.
6. The device will reboot and be ready to use.