- Getting Started
- Billing Questions
- Web Hosting
- Contact Us
- Known Outages
- Article ID: 33640
- Last modified date: October 27, 2009 7:10
PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) is a specification for connecting to EarthLink's network with your modem. Use the following steps to configure the Innoband (Broadxent) BritePort 8012-G1 Modem for PPPoE with a single computer. If you need assistance with setting up a router to share the connection with multiple computers, contact your manufacturer or use our EarthLink Home Networking service.
|Configuring for PPPoE|
- Install the modem according to the instructions that were included in the EarthLink kit or use article Innoband (Broadxent) BritePort 8012-G1 Modem - Preparing the Modem for Installation. The Power, DSL and LAN light on the front of the modem should be green. The Internet Light will remain off until the device is configured for PPPoE authentication.
The Innoband Welcome Page will appear. If it does not, make sure your computer is correctly configured for DHCP. Information on configuring DHCP can be found here:
- In a browser window type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar, and press Enter.
The Innoband Welcome Page will appear.
- Click the Wizard Setup link in the column on the left.
- In the Username field type your full EarthLink e-mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Password field type the password associated with your EarthLink e-mail address you typed in the Username field, and click Connect.
The router will now attempt to connect.
Important:If the connection fails passing authentication, check the username and password. Remember that the username and password are case sensitive. Once connected, you may close the browser and re-open it to begin browsing.